Monday, January 10, 2005

Nailin' It, For The Lord

On our way back from Nashville, we were dialin’ around the old XM radio lookin’ for somethin’ cool to listen to and lit upon this cool gospel channel. You know, upbeat, kickin’ it gospel. The kind where the bass is walkin’ all over God’s green earth, a fat B3 organ is jammin’ behind a righteous choir and the lead singer sounds like she’s gonna explode any second. I’m tellin’ you, we were flat gettin’ the ghost out there on I75.

But after three or four songs, this guy came on talkin’ ‘bout how we’re all God’s tool. Dang man, don’t get me all riled up then call me a tool. I’m all about good deeds and shit but you ain’t gonna get the full monty if you call me a tool. It just ain’t right, man. Then I turned to double L and said, “hmm, God’s tool, guess that explains why I spit so much!” To which she replied, “damn dude, something’s wrong with you!”

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or as Confucius so righteously said, a long time ago, "A gentleman is never an instrument"...tool to me and you!

That mix of fantastic soulful gospel and narrow minded, down right mean Old Testament crap really weirds me out. Much oh the OT is 180 degrees from all of Christ's teachings and that's the part they want to talk about.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

Yes, anonymous hick reader, that is weird, isn't it? I'd like to find some rafter shakin' gospel mixed with NT teachings.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Adventures of Mr Consignment said...

Maybe one could be God's spatula.
Or frypan
----
About Cowboys and Texans,
'Oh you can tell a Texan --
you can't tell him much though.'
---Jimmy Dean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home