Friday, January 07, 2005

IQ In The Red

On a recent trip to Nashville somethin’ strange happened to me. As soon as I crossed the state line into Tennessee, I felt my IQ droppin’. I suddenly found it difficult to speak in complete sentences. My thoughts became shallow and fruitless. I found myself pondering which fireworks outlet actually has the best stuff. I noticed time and again that my chin had dropped, leavin’ my mouth open. I’d become a mouth breather. I began to daydream about NASCAR. I wondered why the Volkswagen Rabbit Diesel isn’t the one and only official NASCAR car. Then we’d find out who the best driver and mechanic really are, byGod. I worried that I should have written my country hit in the key of D instead of G. I guess it doesn’t actually matter which comes first. After all, I mean, I used both chords in my song. I even through in a C chord for a little somethin’ extra. As I neared Nashville my real worries set in. I had to make a final decision about which record label would get the pleasure of receivin’ my demo and how in the hell was I gonna find the address where I had to drop off this lumber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home