Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Hick Tip #1

I’ve decided to begin a new segment. I’m callin’ it Hick Tip. These’ll be little tidbits of information that’ll make your life, and those around you, better.

With all the yellin’, debatin’, and bitchin’ goin’ on about the election, I figure the best place to start Hick Tip is with proper tooth brushin’ technique. You don’t want your brilliant argument to get lost ‘cause your breath smells like a rancid ‘possum do you?

Hick Tip #1

The Right Way to Brush
Proper brushing takes at least two minutes — that's right, 120 seconds! Most adults do not come close to brushing that long. To get a feel for the time involved, try using a stopwatch. To properly brush your teeth, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gum line, hard-to-reach back teeth, and areas around fillings, crowns or other restoration. Concentrate on thoroughly cleaning each section as follows:

Clean the outer surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the chewing surfaces
For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue, too

Brush three times per day. Floss once a day and use mouthwash.

They call me Yuck Mouth,
‘Cause I don't brush,
Oh I like my teeth like this,
They call me Yuck Mouth,
‘Cause I don't brush,
Hey, how 'bout a little kiss?

I got some fish in my teeth,
Got some chicken, too
Ow! That's a cavity,
Hey, that one's new!

If you don't brush,
Then you, too,
Can be a Yuck Mouth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home