Friday, October 22, 2004

Veda Louise

We came home to very sad news. Our dear friend, our big kitty, Veda was hit and killed by a car while we were gone. We are simply devastated. Lori-Lyn wrote an eloquent, very loving piece on her
blog about Veda. I wrote something about Veda in double L’s comments but I wanted to re-post it here as well.

I could never express how deeply I loved Veda. She was a brilliant light. She filled our lives with love and humor and kindness. I don't know how she made her way through the universe to us, but I'm grateful she did. Veda shared in the building of our home and we will always be mindful of her efforts and beautiful spirit. The most important thing I learned from Veda was that a simple touch, a paw gently placed on my cheek, possessed the true and meaningful power of healing. I will miss Veda being in the house each day, but I will carry the lessons and love I got from her in every moment of my life. Veda, thank you sharing your life with me, with us.

Okay, okay, I understand this is a very unhick-like post. What can I say, Veda melted my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home