Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Michael's Hag

So, it’s an gorgeous Sunday and we’re standing in line at Michael’s with a $2 frame that won’t scan. The cashier asked if we knew how much it was. Yeah, $2. Apparently she didn’t believe us so she picked up the phone and paged the frame department. This is my cue to walk outside ‘cause I freakin’ hate this. Double L also hates this but is slightly more patient than I am so she waits. In a few minutes she gives up and walks out without the frame. She said that nobody answered the page and she just couldn’t take it anymore.

There are several things goin’ on in this scenario that make me quiver with hostility. Among them are a tag that won’t scan, a cashier with a Burt Reynolds mustache that asks us the price, then won’t believe us, who’s too fuckin’ lazy to walk 30 feet to check the price herself, a nappin’ frame department, a backed up line of fat ass customers huffin’ and puffin’ and blamin’ us for the hold up.

I told double L to wait outside, that I would go in and get the frame. She knew I’d gone hick in that instance and suggested we just go. Too late, it’s on at the Michael’s. I walked briskly to the frame department, unhooked the end section of the display holding all the $2 frames and carried the entire rack to Burt, our lovely cashier. She seemed a little surprised. I was pleasant about it but said, “hi Burt, see this frame? It's $2. In fact, each one of the frames on this rack is $2. They were $3.99. But they’re on sale. See, $2.”

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Lori-Lyn said...

It's true. All of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home