Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Open Up and Say "Ah...Progress!"

There’s another damn thing about our trip to Meijer I forgot to mention in my previous post. While being run over in the check out line, I noticed giant black and white photographs hanging on the front wall. These are images of the farm that was destroyed so that Meijer could be built. Ah, progress.

You know, people say you can’t get in the way of progress and by God I don’t want to. I’m glad that farm is gone. I hate farms. Snotty people out there growin’ stuff and communing with the land. There ain’t nobody more out of touch with the real world than a damn farmer. And communing sounds like Communist to this hick. And we don’t want any pinko communists around here growing stuff. What we want is cheap meat, cheap dvd’s, and cheap Dale Earnhardt trash cans. I’m glad corporate farms are taking over all the family farms. I dream of a glorious day when there’s just one Hank Hill looking guy out there somewhere growing all of our food. When my dream day finally comes, and it will, it’ll mean we’ve finally, truly won the cold war. Until then, we’re just kidding ourselves!

Progress: To develop to a more advanced stage.

Consumer: One that consumes.

Consume: Destroy. To spend wastefully. To eat up: devour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home