Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Inflation Ho

If you’re one of the meatheads claiming that inflation isn’t happening, I suggest you get your sorry ass down to the video store and rent St. Elmo’s Fire. There’s a scene in which one character gets a job that pays $500 a week and he acts like he’s hit the big time. $26,000 a year ain’t lottery money, dumbass. In another scene, a prostitute tells a guy that she’ll give it up for $50. Shit, that’s a deal. Even when you throw in a trip to the doctor, that’s still not a bad price. Ah, but those are 1985 prices. Try livin’ on $26,000 a year these days. It ain’t easy. And there ain’t no way you’ll find a decent $50 hooker nowadays. You might get a handjob for $50 but that’s about it. Inflation is real people. Facts is facts. I’d like to hear Alan Greenspan talk his way out of that wet paper bag.

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger ancho and lefty said...

Not to be a jackass hick, but I would scream the praises of Jebus if I scored 26,000 a year. Of course, I am a poor doctoral student, so what do I know. Nevertheless, I can say that I am now approaching 30, am overeducated, and have never made over 20,000 dollars in one year- and I have never gone hungry, thirsty, or really lacked for anything. Just a thought from the poor side of town.

On the other hand, I think life everywhere is increasingly more expensive and I have my own leftist, liberal, commie ideas about why that is.

Hope all is well in Kentucky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home