Friday, October 01, 2004

Befuddled

My brother and his family moved to Bristol, VA. last fall. So I put together a “Welcome to Bristol” care package for them on behalf of the mayor. The package included items that would help them blend into their new environs more easily. Enclosed were some Marlboro reds, fish bait, Do Not Trespass and Beware of the Dog signs, and lots and lots of NASCAR apparel. I also decided they should have one of those window stickers of the little boy peeing on a Chevy/Ford/Jeff Gordon logo. So off to the auto parts store I went in search of my treasure, their treasure. The sticker isle in any auto parts store isn’t hard to find. It’s usually about half way back in the store. It’s after the washing and waxing isle, after the wiper isle but before the serious parts isle. I swear this is almost always the case. Go look for yourself. Anyway, I found the window tint, the air freshener, the flames decal for the doors but was stumped on the little boy peeing sticker. There were Dale stickers, I’d rather be fishing stickers, my other car’s a Rolls Royce stickers, any sticker you’d want except the one I needed. I couldn’t believe they didn’t have it. My befuddled look must have caught the counter guys attention and he asked if I needed help finding something. Boy, did I! The following is a pretty good recounting of the conversation that followed:
“Can I help you find something?” counter guy (aka CG)
“I’m looking for that sticker of the little boy peeing on a Chevy/Ford logo.” Me
“We don’t sell those. That’s a flea market type item. We don’t carry stuff like that!” CG
“Really? Well okay, I guess I’ll just take this iridescent trout sticker.” Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home